Monday, January 13, 2020

Suspicious Minds

     For our last big project of first semester and before our feature film, we had to make a short film. We all pitched treatments to the class and separated into groups based on the ideas we liked. Mine was chosen as one.

     My short film was about an Elvis impersonator who is kidnapped by a cult and has to escape. It was originally called All Shook Up, but it turns out that is the name of the Elvis musical so it was changed to Suspicious Minds, which I honestly like better.

     The process started out pretty smooth, I planned out our filming dates and gathered actors and costumes pieces. But it slowly started to fall apart. Locations weren't coming through, actors needed to reschedule, filming went long, it was rough. What had started by being well-planned turned into two extra weeks of filming. This project quickly became super stressful for me.

     Since I was supposed to be post-production originally, I did a good bulk o the work on this project. Scenes and shots were shaky, the audio was rough, and somethings just weren't living up to what I had hoped them to be. But, I did what I could and turned in something I am kind of proud of. I really like the way I put together the ending; it was exactly how I pictured it and makes me excited every time I see it.

     I was not in class to receive feedback on the project, but my teammates were. We definitely could have improved in our lighting, audio, film- basically all of our production departments. But, people really liked my ending scene, and honestly that's the part I care about the most. If we were to redo this project, I would have made sure we were more careful and creative with our camera and lighting, and paid more attention to our audio levels.

     This project was difficult to get through. I really cared about it but everything wasn't going to plan. Still I tried my best to push through it and we got it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment